Dungeon Defenders II is set in the fictional world of Etheria. You'll start in The Private Tavern or in The Heroes Marketplace, the outdoor HUB. This is where you'll spend any time not in battle to sell, buy, manage, trade, tinker and test any gear you've found in combat. Etheria is broken down into playable maps to explore. Each map is an arena with set enemy spawners and objectives to defend.
The Kobold Bling King
Mal'Donis The Terrible
Isle Of Dread
The Sacrificial Warden
The High Seas
Onslaught contains all previously named maps and has it's very own map on every 5th floor you do called The Lost Temple
There are two types of Objectives for Heroes to be concerned with. The Main Objectives or Main Cores are defense points on maps that, if destroyed, end the current map. The Sub Objectives or Sub Cores are defense points on maps that, if destroyed, open up a new spawn point for Enemies in the next wave.
Main Objective Mechanics
- Main Objectives can be identified by the spinning red trimmed yellow shield above them.
- Main Objectives are marked on the mini-map with a red trimmed yellow Shield Icon.
- Main Objectives have a Health Pool. This gets fully healed at the start of each build phase. If the Health Pool is reduced to 0, the Main Objective is destroyed.
- The players lose if the Main Objective is destroyed.
- Main Objectives are fixed for each map and wont change.
- Main Objectives have the highest target priority for the Aggression of nearby Enemies.
Sub Objective Mechanics
- Sub Objectives can be identified by the spinning Grey shield above them.
- Sub Objectives are marked on the mini-map with a Grey Shield Icon.
- Sub Objectives have a Health Pool. This gets fully healed at the start of each build phase. If the Health Pool is reduced to 0, the Sub Objective is destroyed.
- The Wave after a Sub Objective is destroyed will spawn Enemies from an additional spawn point.
- Having a Sub Objective get destroyed does not end the map.
- Billboards for these additional spawn points do not appear until the connected Sub Objective is destroyed.
- Sub Objectives and the extra spawn points they open are fixed for each map and wont change.
- Sub Objectives have the highest target priority for the Aggression of nearby Enemies
- Keeping Sub Objectives alive til the end of the map will yield bonus experience.
End of Match summary
At the end of a map you will be given a Match Overview. In this overview you will find who played the map with you, as well as the Awards section.
Each map awards a certain amount of Defender Medals, Gold, XP and Score.
To increase your score, check the Score Multipliers.
|Type||Difficulty||Defender Medals||Gold||XP without Sub Objective||XP with Sub Objective|
|Campaign||Normal & Hard||5||5,000||345,000||411,000|
|Onslaught||Any||25||Floor Dependent||Floor and Map Dependent||Floor and Map Dependent|