Strategies: Hero Builds
Heroes are a major asset of Dungeon Defenders 2. They can provide assistance to any lanes that need attention (some can even defend a lane without requiring any defenses to support your hero), and can dish out extra damage in general.
The nuke monk is capable of colossal damage to Bosses while also being able to dish out considerably high DPS to weaker enemies. The ability to quickly defeat big threats, provide excellent dps, and respond to problems quickly with the monk's double-jump is why this is the most common build in the game, and why most expert players use the Monk as their main hero.
- Heavy Polearms give the strongest damage multiplier on the final hit. Medium polearms will work too if you don't have a decent heavy polearm or need to execute the final hit faster, but the damage multiplier won't be as high. Light polearms aren't viable for this build.
- Try to get a polearm with Hero Health as your secondary stat instead of Ability Power, as this build isn't designed around abilities.
- You will want a full set of Ranger armor to boost your Hero Damage.
- Can provide high DPS in general.
- Can charge a single melee hit to deal immense damage - enough to almost always one-shot any boss.
- Very quick and agile thanks to the Monk's ability to double-jump.
- This build is focused solely on Hero Damage and not Ability Power. This means you cannot use Heroic wave to quickly heal yourself or allies (ability power does not affect the damage boost provided by Heroic Wave).