Strategies: Hero Builds
Heroes are a major asset of Dungeon Defenders 2. They can provide assistance to any lanes that need attention (some can even defend a lane without requiring any defenses to support your hero), and can dish out extra damage in general.
The nuke monk is capable of colossal damage to Bosses while also being able to dish out considerably high DPS to weaker enemies. The ability to quickly defeat big threats, provide excellent dps, and respond to problems quickly with the monk's double-jump is why this is the most common build in the game, and why most expert players use the Monk as their main hero.
- Heavy Polearms give the strongest damage multiplier on the final hit. Medium polearms will work too if you don't have a decent heavy polearm or need to execute the final hit faster, but the damage multiplier won't be as high. Light polearms aren't viable for this build.
- Try to get a polearm with Hero Health as your secondary stat instead of Ability Power. You will also want one with high-fire rate and either triple or penta-shot.
- You will want a full set of Ranger armor to boost your Hero Damage.
How it Works:
The base building block of this build is Crane Stance, which causes ranged attacks to charge your next melee attack. Each ranged attack that hits an enemy increases your next melee attack's damage by 90% (regular) or 106% (gilded). This stacks up to 6 times, allowing you to deal 540% or 636% with a single melee attack!
But it gets better - Heroic Wave heals and boosts damage to nearby allies including yourself. The healing boost isn't important, as you can simply stand still if you need to heal. However, the damage boost can allow you do deal over double damage. Combined with crane stance, you can deal over 10x damage with a single melee blow!
And it doesn't stop here, either... You will want to intentionally miss the first 3 melee attacks on your heavy polearm (or 2 if you're using medium), then strike with the last hit. When using a heavy polearm, the last hit provides a 2.5x damage multiplier to your Hero Damage; while under the effects of crane stance & heroic wave, you can easily deal over 25x damage!
- Can provide high DPS in general.
- Can charge a single melee hit to deal immense damage - enough to almost always one-shot any boss.
- Very quick and agile thanks to the Monk's ability to double-jump.
- This build is focused solely on Hero Damage and not Ability Power. This means you cannot use Heroic wave to quickly heal yourself or allies (ability power does not affect the damage boost provided by Heroic Wave).
- Frostfire Remnants and Grave Infection both leave AOE rings that damage monsters inside it for a short time. However, if you use both mods at the same time, they can activate each other, potentially causing an infinite crowd-control loop!
- The nuke monk is famous for its ability to one-shot bosses. An anti-miniboss chip will further improve this ability.
- Either a heavy weapon chip or a penta chip. The heavy chip will give you slightly more Hero Damage, but both will work just fine.
- A damage-buff chip will net you a damage multiplier for each ability on cooldown. This is the perfect mod to use when you're looking to deal extra damage with Heroic Wave!