From Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
- The Hero Deck allows players to choose up to four heroes they can play as during a match.
- The Deck can be changed, but is locked during waves. This allows players to create specialized heroes, or to adapt as the situation changes.
- You can not change the heroes in a deck during waves. You can change between your heroes to set up different defenses, and even combos.
- The hero that sets up a defense will determine its stats.
- Changing to a different hero after you've set up defenses will not alter the stats of the towers you already have on the map.
- Changing the hero deck setup can be done in the hero menu and in the inventory