Dungeon Defenders II is set in the fictional world of Etheria. You'll start in Etheria's Tavern, the gathering spot, the Social Hub/Lobby. This is where you'll spend any time not in battle to sell, manage, and test gear. Etheria is broken down into playable maps to explore. Each map is an arena with set enemy spawners and objectives to defend.
There are two types of Objectives for Heroes to be concerned with. The Main Objectives or Main Cores are defense points on maps that, if destroyed, end the current map. The Sub Objectives or Sub Cores are defense points on maps that, if destroyed, open up a new spawn point for Enemies in the next wave.
Main Objective Mechanics
- Main Objectives can be identified by the spinning red trimmed yellow shield above them.
- Main Objectives are marked on the mini-map with a red trimmed yellow Shield Icon.
- Main Objectives have a Health Pool. This gets fully healed at the start of each build phase. If the Health Pool is reduced to 0, the Main Objective is destroyed.
- The players lose if the Main Objective is destroyed.
- Main Objectives are fixed for each map and wont change.
- Main Objectives have the highest target priority for the Aggression of nearby Enemies.
Sub Objective Mechanics
- Sub Objectives can be identified by the spinning Grey shield above them.
- Sub Objectives are marked on the mini-map with a Grey Shield Icon.
- Sub Objectives have a Health Pool. This gets fully healed at the start of each build phase. If the Health Pool is reduced to 0, the Sub Objective is destroyed.
- The Wave after a Sub Objective is destroyed will spawn Enemies from an additional spawn point.
- Having a Sub Objective get destroyed does not end the map.
- Billboards for these additional spawn points do not appear until the connected Sub Objective is destroyed.
- Sub Objectives and the extra spawn points they open are fixed for each map and wont change.
- Sub Objectives have the highest target priority for the Aggression of nearby Enemies
- Keeping Sub Objectives alive til the end of the map will yield bonus experience.
End Game Map Summaries
|Map||Type||Waves||Monster Totals||Boss Totals||Special Loot|
|Griblok's Horde||Incursion||5||1627||4||- Impaling Cutter|
|Power Surge||Incursion||5||858||10|| - Glaive of the Storms
- 750 Boots
|Malthius||Incursion||5||1561||4||- Infernal Combuster|
|Kobold Bling King||Incursion||5||(Unlimited Waves)||10|| - Bling-o-Midas
- 750 Glove
|Wyvern Enthusiasts||Incursion||5||1629||3||- Aerial Bane|
|Forest Poachers||Incursion||5||1585||4||- Chilling Touch|
|Chrome Enemies||Incursion||5||1391||3||- Toxic Shock|
|Unholy Catacombs||Incursion||7||2149||9|| - Sword of Unholy Fire
- 750 Chest
|Bastille Master||Incursion||5||1564||10|| - Ghastly Halberd
- 750 Helmet
|The Demon's Lair||Incursion||3||(Unlimited Waves)||1|| - Scorched Tome of Molten Brimstone
- 750 Relic (Builder)
|Altar of the Athame||Incursion||3||(Unlimited Waves)||0|| Dark Ritual Blade
- 750 Relic (Damager)
|Nimbus Reach||660-700 IP||7||2114||10||Harbinger's Punch (DPS)|
|Little Horn||660-700 IP||7||1794||10||Harbinger's Watch (DPS)|
|GreyStone Plaza||660-700 IP||7||1492||10||Harbinger's Punch (Builder)|
|The Throne Room||660-700 IP||7||2099||10||Harbinger's Watch (DPS)|
|Liferoot Forest||620-650 IP||7||1538||13||Sky Dragon's Fury|
|Assault at Throne Room||660-700 IP||7||2408||10||Harbinger's Punch (Builder), Storm Gloves|
|Harbinger||660-700 IP||4||(Unlimited Waves)||1||Harbinger's Portal|
|Dead Road||660-700 IP||7||2306||10||Harbinger's Voidreaver (Builder)|
|Temple of the Necrotic||660-700 IP||7||2850||10||Harbinger's Fist (DPS)|
|Buried Bastille||660-700 IP||7||2149||10||Storm Helmet|
|Dragonfall Sewers||620-650 IP||7||?||10||Storm Boots|
|Unholy Catacombs||610-625 IP||7||?||?||Storm Chest|
|Wyvern Den||660-700 IP||5||(Unlimited Last Wave)||11||Betsy's Wrath|